If you prefer, we are happy to accept donations by eTransfer to email@example.com
or mail/drop off cheques, payable to Comox Valley Arts, at 202-580 Duncan Ave, Courtenay, V9N 2M7
Donations from our community support the huge amount of administrative work that it takes to advocate for arts & culture in our daily experience of the Comox Valley, and to support the 1000’s of artists who provide it. (Never mind all the event planning and promotional activity.)
All financial contributions to Comox Valley Arts are Tax Deductible!
In-kind donations of services or products have special rules. Please contact us if you have an idea for how you’d like to contribute in-kind and we’ll let you know what that looks like.
The arts touch everything. Everyday.
Even if you’re not an “artist”, everywhere you go the Arts are touching your life.
The car you drive, the clothes you wear, the music on the radio, the buildings you might walk into, the mural on the wall, the banners on the street, the signs that tell you where you are… someone had the idea or the inspiration to create them, make them functional or beautiful (hopefully both!), and to share them with the world.
There are lots of ways you can acknowledge that the Arts are important to YOU!
- SUPPORT THE INDEPENDENT AND LOCAL ARTIST FIRST – The house hold name has already made it.
- BUY ART – When you buy art, you support the artist and you get an amazing piece to admire.
- BUY BOOKS AT FULL PRICE – Just take more time to decide what you like and support it.
- HIRE MUSICIANS – It will be so worth it!
- BUY TICKETS TO PERFORMANCES
- PURCHASE HANDMADE CLOTHES, SHOES AND ACCESSORIES – They will fit you better and last a lot longer.
- ADORN YOURSELF IN HANDCRAFTED JEWELRY – It will make you feel special.
- CHOOSE HANDMADE FURNITURE, TOYS AND GIFTS BECAUSE THEY ARE TREASURES. – Not junk to go in the landfill
- SUPPORT ARTISAN FOOD, GROWN & PREPARED BY CULINARY ARTISANS – It truly is an art!
- DONATE TO ARTS ORGANIZATIONS – They support and advocate for the arts to be a living, accessible, sustainable entity in your life.
We are here, and ready to help you with #10!
The conundrum of running an arts organization: MOST public funding and grants are project-based, and do not include “admin” as a line item. Somehow, the projects are supposed to simply manifest on their own with nobody running the show.
Contributions to general operating funds are hugely appreciated, to help us pay staff and contractors to do the work that is required to keep our organization vibrant and relevant to our community.
Please note, Membership fees are not tax deductible. (Not a member yet? CLICK HERE TO JOIN TODAY!)
For your information – We do incur fees for online donations.
Cheques and eTransfers provide your full donation amount to us. That said, there is much less time spent on processing electronic donations.
** CanadaHelps assesses a 3.5% fee from each donation made through CanadaHelps.org. This 3.5% includes the costs of processing the transaction itself including credit card fees, banking fees, reconciliation, disbursement and receipting costs. CanadaHelps issues the tax receipt on behalf of the charity. For one-time donors, the receipt is issued instantly. For monthly donors, a composite report and receipt are issued at year-end.This is a modest fee for the services that CanadaHelps provides. CanadaHelps is a registered charity (charitable number 896568417RR0001) with a mission to engage Canadians in the charitable sector, providing accessible and affordable online technology to both donors and charities to promote – and ultimately increase – charitable giving in Canada.